Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sand blasting

I was feeling a little under the weather the past couple of days - I was in bed by eight o'clock on Thursday night. I'm feeling better today, so I'm not sure of it was some sort of bug, or just severe sleep deprivation.

My parents ended up stopping in this evening for the night. They were on their way from Alberta to Manitoba intending on taking the trans-Canada and we all know how that is going. There are some pretty devastating pictures coming out of there today - my prayers are definitely with those families. We had a nice visit this evening, and were able to get our brunch reservation tomorrow increased by two, so that was good. I had a really nice talk with my Dad this evening about his childhood and growing up - I'm glad he could be here for Father's day. Mom and Julie went to Walmart in case you were wondering where they were.

This afternoon we bought some sand to finish leveling off the base for the pool. We bought some extra to fill up the sand box for the girls. Boy, did they have a blast. They were covered in sand from head to toe, and loving every minute of it. We decided to just get some McD's takeout, hose them off enough to eat outside, and then bring them straight in for a bath. So after supper, I got them to strip by the front door while I went to get the tub ready. Poor Ginny had so much sand down her diaper it wasn't funny. Her poor little butt crack must have been just chafing. So I go inside for a minute and come back to just a pile of clothes on the step. I yell for them, and there is no answer. I go around the corner to the back yard and here Jorja is on the swing, and Ginny was about to go down the slide (that would have hurt) both of them butt naked. It's a good thing we have a high fence.

Anyhow, I need to go to bed. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment