Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Off

Jorja and I went out to give blood this evening, and while we were there, she played a soccer game. Boy the mosquitoes are relentless, even with spray. Speaking of spray, it seems Off is sold out everywhere these days. Walmart was out, Zellers was out, London Drugs was out. We finally found some at Shoppers. But back to the soccer game. There was no goal this week, but she did have 'a few good kicks.' She's so tentative out there, even when a lot of the kids are smaller than she is this year. There were a couple of times when she chased the opponents and caught up to them, and then just kind of jogged behind them. So I told her that it was okay to try and take the ball away from the opposition. She just looked at me like I had two heads. Why on earth would you want to do that? Oh well.

The weather here has been decent the last couple of days (it is raining right now though). We spent most of the afternoon in the backyard yesterday. Julie had bought a sunscreen stick for the girls' faces and used it for the first time yesterday. I was talking to Jorja about it today. "Mommy put it on my ears, and my nose, and on my forehead." I asked if I could put it on my forehead. A look of shock and disgust came across her face, "No Dad, I don't want it to get all sweaty!" What could I say? I didn't really have a case against that. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment