Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pocahontas

The last time we were at the library, we got some movies, one of them being Disney's Pocahontas. Normally I tune out or doze while the girls are watching a movie, but yesterday for whatever reason, I ended up watching most of it. Later in the day, Jorja was telling Julie about the movie. I asked Jorja if she learned anything from the movie. She looked at me and slowly shook her head no. I asked if she learned that it's better to try and work out our differences by talking and seeing what the other person is going through rather than fighting. She looked at me and slowly shook her head no. Hmm. I asked her if she learned that it doesn't matter what people look like on the outside, it's what's inside that counts. She looked at me, and it appeared as though light went off for her. Then she said, "Yeah, we could see their bones." Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment