Monday, May 31, 2010

Cleaning

Things have been a bit quiet on the writing front here for a few days now. I think I blame the weather. It is getting seriously depressing. I think we're all starting to go a bit stir crazy. Hopefully things turn around tomorrow.

We used to have a university student come in and clean the house every two weeks when we were both working. However, with Julie on disability and me on parental leave, we decided that that would be one of the things we had to cut. Boy, do we miss her. It is so hard to get things done with the kids in the house. One wants this, one wants to help, then the first wants what the other has. Soon, there's screaming and someones having a meltdown. And sometimes it's one of the kids.

Anyway, we decided that in order to get a handle on things today, Julie would take the kids out for a couple of hours, and I would clean. I worked like a dog, but I think I still got the easier deal. The three of them are definitely a challenge. Julie took them to Market Mall, and let them play in the little play centre there, and things seemed to go fairly well. She came home with all of them anyway. They even made some new friends. Ginny would go up to another little girl, get in her face, and say, "What's your name?" "Ava." "Oh." And then she would carry on her way. She's got tact.

Does the laundry ever end?

Here are some random observations of a four year old:
  • I like ketchup, but I don't like tomatoes. Isn't that weird?
  • I like honey cheerios and honey ham, but I don't like honey. Isn't that weird?
  • I like peanut butter, but I don't like peanuts. Isn't that weird?

Here's hoping we can get outside tomorrow. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment