Friday, May 14, 2010

Hand appetizer

Today was, shall we say interesting. It all began normal enough. The morning was pretty standard - Jorja and Ginny were playing dress-up, and Ginny was the prince. I wonder how much longer it is before she refuses to be the boy. Maybe by that time, they will be able to boss around CeCe.

On the way home from preschool, Jorja was telling us that she got to hold her teacher's mice. She has kept the mice at the school for a while now, I think since she got a cat, and is looking for a home for them. Anyway, Jorja says that while she was holding the mouse, it pooped in her hand. She didn't seem that grossed out by it, which was kind of surprising. "It's okay," she said, "I just had to use hand appetizer." Well, I guess as long as you used hand appetizer, it should be good.

Later on, I was getting burgers ready to BBQ, and Julie had just finished feeding CeCe. She was holding her standing on her lap, facing outward. Well, CeCe thought this would be a good time to have a fairly large spit-up. All down Julie's shirt, capri pants, legs, feet and the carpet. Yup, it was a gooder. Julie decided that would be a good time to take a shower.

That brings us to the BBQ. I was standing out there, flipping the burgers. Suddenly, I feel something hit the top of my head, and then there was a white splat on the side of the BBQ. Are you kidding me? I couldn't believe it. A bird actually shit on my head. Do I have a bulls eye on my bald spot? I didn't think that actually ever happened to people. I had to make sure, so I came in to get Julie to check. I asked her if there was something on the top of my head. Apparently the piece that struck me was black because she asked if I burnt myself. She then made a move to touch it. "DON'T" I said. "Why? Does it hurt?" I then explained what happened. She laughed and I went to wash my head off.

Then we went for a walk after supper to check out some garage sales in the neighbourhood. We had just walked in the door, and I was bending over to help Ginny with her sandals. Jorja was standing there, kind of bent over herself, and decided she needed to sneeze. All over my neck. Are you sensing a theme yet. Ginny then informs me that she is stinky, and proceeds to start to stick her hand down the back of her diaper. "Get your hand out of there!" I yell. That's all we need.

So it's now bath time. Jorja and Ginny were already in the tub, and I was bringing CeCe over. I was carrying her from the change mat to the tub naked. I got about four feet from the tub, when she started to pee. All over my bare feet. I panicked, and lunged toward the tub, so she finished over the bath water. Why I didn't aim for the toilet, I don't know. A few minutes later, Ginny says that she peed. A few minutes later Jorja asks me if she can pee too. Why not? She then says,"Hey, all three of our pee is mixed together now, what does that make?" Gross, that's what that makes.

So yeah, it's just been one of those kind of days. Hope yours was cleaner. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment