Friday, April 16, 2010

It's the end of the world as we know it, but I feel fine.

I was getting a little worried this morning - the day was shaping up to not have much to write about. I guess that's not a bad thing, it would have meant no drama. But all that changed after preschool.

We all went to get Jorja today - we loaded Ginny and CeCe up in the wagon, and off we went. When we were getting packed up to come home, I noticed Jorja's backpack was leaking. It turns out her cup that she keeps in her lunch pack was broken. It was a princess cup with a second lining and the middle is filled with some sort of liquid and glitter (kind of like a snow globe around the cup). Well, pretty much all the liquid was gone. I say liquid because I don't know what was in there, all I know is that is was made in China, so let's just hope it wasn't toxic. I think it was leaking on the outside, and not the inside, so we should be all right.

Anyway, back to the drama. I asked Jorja if she was sad about the cup, and she said no. She was trying to put on a brave face, but you could tell she was fighting back the tears. We played outside at home for a while, and then she finally let go. She cried...and cried...and cried. That was her favorite cup. Ginny tried to console her, "It's all right Jorja. Why are you crying. It's all right." In the end, it was decided that we would make a Walmart run after supper to get a new cup. I needed new socks anyway. I've been wearing black ones now for three days in a row, and although Ginny feels they are 'pretty', I prefer white for every day.

I finally fired up the BBQ this evening for supper - the first time this year. Too bad all we had to go on it were hot dogs. Oh well, the girls and I enjoyed them. I made six, and they asked for more. Julie had left over sausage. She finally started eating BBQed hot dogs last year, but then a coworker of mine (who is taking food science) ruined them for her by saying they are mostly organ meat. Sheesh.

We found a suitable replacement cup at Walmart this evening - several princesses on it and some jewels. This one is even dishwasher safe, which the other one wasn't.

When we got home, a Shaw salesman showed up. We're going to switch from Sasktel - TV, internet, and phone. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, we're sitting at the table filling out the paper work and Ginny asks, "Who's that boy?" Julie replied that she didn't know his name, he was the Cable Guy.

That's about it I think. There's nothing on TV Friday nights. Lots of hockey, but the Oil didn't quite make it this year, so it's not that exciting. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment