Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Check-ups

I don't want to sound like a stuck record, but today was another sleep-deprived days. Last night's culprit - CeCe. Two nights ago was amazing. She had her normal bottle around 7 pm and then slept until morning. I was thinking, hey, maybe she's going to cut out her midnight feed and go straight through now. That would be awesome. Not so. Last night she woke up at 1 am, so I fed her then. Then she was up at around 4. This time she had pooped. Who poops in the middle of the night, really? She has got to get that schedule changed. Anyway, after changing her, she wouldn't settle. She didn't even want her soother. Her teeth are getting really close to coming in now, and she has been kind of miserable. Anyway, I think it just hurts too much to suck sometimes. So I gave her some Oragel, and that really ticked her off. She was screaming for quite a while. It's a miracle the whole house wasn't up by this time. Eventually I did get her back to sleep, but I was exhausted in the morning.

CeCe had her six-month doctor check-up today, and other than the previous paragraph, all is well. She's is 18.5 lbs and 26.5 inches long. When does it switch from long to tall? Are you long until you can stand, and then you are tall? Just some food for thought.

Julie and I were cleaning up the other night, and I put our wii games out on the shelf with our movies instead of leaving them hidden away. Jorja and Ginny sure picked up on this in a hurry - they don't miss much. So yesterday I let them play Mariocart. That had to have been the world's longest race. Eventually Jorja did finish, but it was painful to watch. Her whole body moved as she steered and she kept getting closer and closer to the TV until she was right there. Of course Ginny had to follow her, but she didn't really get how things worked. Today I let them play some guitar hero. That was interesting to say the least.

Tomorrow is haircut day before going back to school. That should be good for lots of posing, posturing and preening. Jorja is going for her 5 year check-up at the doctor too. I can't believe how much she's grown in last year. We have marks on the wall in the kitchen, and she grew a whole 4 inches from her fourth birthday. Crazy. Well, I guess I should attempt to scale the mountain of laundry. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment