Sunday, August 22, 2010

Busy

It's been a slow week for the blog it seems. Maybe that's because we've had quite a busy time the past few days. Last Tuesday we had some friends over, Wednesday and Thursday we were invited out to friends' places. On Wednesday we also got to reconnect with a friend I hadn't seen in quite a while. They have a little girl a month younger than CeCe, so the two of them really hit it off. It started out with a bit of a stare-down, followed by laying down on the floor together where one would start to cry and then the other would wail. It was kind of funny. Thursday we were at some friends who have an in ground swimming pool in their backyard (heated and no algae). The girls had a blast in there - Jorja is such fish.

Today we had CeCe dedicated at church. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, but both sets of Grandparents said they could make it, so it was good. CeCe didn't even cry, and the girls managed to stand relatively still at the front of the church.

So yeah, it's been busy. Now we have one more week before school starts. I still can't believe it.

The other day I was changing Ginny's bum (don't ask about the toilet training) and when I was done I asked her to go put the diaper in the garbage. She replied, "I'm kind of busy now." Excuse me? You're two. You're not that busy, now put the diaper in the garbage. "My hands are full." I couldn't believe it. What is she going to be like when she is a teenager?

We were in Sobey's a couple of days ago, and as we were walking to the car, Jorja noticed an employee outside. "Hey Dad, there's a Sobey's girl there. You see, in the cape." I might have called it an apron, but it's probably more fun to be a super hero. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment