Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rockin' out

I was getting supper ready yesterday and Jorja was sitting at her colouring table. I was singing 'Here I go again' by Whitesnake. I'm not sure why it was in my head, but it was. She asked what I was singing, so I told her. Then she repeated every line I sang for a while. I told her that the song was popular when I was young and I used to listen to it a lot back then. She piped up, "You used to rock out to it?" Why yes Jorja, I did used to rock out to it. Then she asked me what my favorite country song was and I said probably something by Sugarland. I asked her what her favourite song was and she said she didn't have just one. "I really like the eighties," she said. That's my girl.

The girls like to pick out their own clothes to wear, which can prove to be quite interesting some times. We usually get everything picked out the night before to facilitate the speed of things in the morning. I used to just get stuff ready for them after they were in bed, but every day when I picked them up, Ginny would not be wearing what I had set out. I'd ask her why and she would say she didn't want that. Anyway, we forgot to get stuff ready a few nights ago, so when I was doing laundry, I set out three different things for both Ginny and Jorja. I figured that maybe I'd get lucky. Sure enough, when I picked them up from the sitter's, Ginny had on one of the things that I had picked. She said to me, "That was nice to have choices Dad. Choices are good." Yes, she is only three.

This past weekend I had the chance to do something that I have never done - not since we've had kids anyway. I went away by myself for two days. I spent the weekend with my Dad and my brother, just hanging out and doing a little fishing. I use the term fishing loosely since there were no actual fish at the end of the weekend. It was a really nice time though -good times and good memories. The girls were happy to see me when I got home, which was nice. CeCe is still making me pay for leaving a bit though. For the longest time, she would give Julie a hard time and not say Mommy when we wanted her to. She's over that now. She says both Mommy and Daddy. Well she used to anyway. She was getting to the point where she would come running saying 'Daddy, Daddy' every day when I picked them up from daycare. I got there Monday to pick them up and she looked at me, started walking over, and said, "Mommy, Mommy!" I still don't think she's called me Daddy yet. I guess what goes around comes around. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment