Thursday, August 11, 2011

39

Today was my 39th birthday.  I've got some good friends and a great family.  The day started off right when my coworker in the lab brought 2 dozen doughnuts to work for the occasion.  No, I didn't eat them all.  She spread the word that it was my birthday though, so I received lots of well wishes.  Some guys tried to guess my age.  I got one 32, a couple of 35s, a 36 and a 'you can't be 40 yet.'  I'll take that.

Yesterday the girls made some pet rocks at Dee's house.  Ginny decided she was going to give me hers for a birthday present, but first she had to hide it.  When it was put in its spot, she came to me and said she had three clues for me to find it.  "Clue #1 - it's indoors...clue #2 - it's in CeCe's room...clue #3 - it's in the closet."  Wow, I said, those are good clues.  I'd hate to see what would happen if she just told me where it was.

Today on the ride home, Jorja said she was going to give me a hint about my present.  Before I could stop her, she said, "It's a football shirt."  Realizing that she may have given it away, she tried to backpedal.  "But it's not your favourite team.  It's the flaming C...it's a hockey shirt."  She knows how I feel about those flaming C's - under no circumstances do we cheer for them.  Needless to say, when I opened the Roughrider shirt, I wasn't super surprised. 

CeCe didn't give away any presents.  She kept everything a secret.

Julie also got me a Tshirt that has a picture of the 'soup nazi's' head on it and it says 'No soup for you!'  I love Seinfeld.  She got me another Tshirt that says Def Lepard.  I love 80s rock.  In case you hadn't guessed, I love quirky Tshirts.

The cake was chocolate, cut into four layers, each separated by peanut butter buttercream icing and then totally enveloped in chocolate buttercream.  As Bryan Adams once said, "Baby, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven."  Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment