Monday, April 25, 2011


Where has the time gone?  I haven't gone without writing for over a week in a long time.  I guess it's been a bit crazy around here.  For starters, I had to work the evening shift at work this past week, so it was a bit different.  It's been a long time since I had to (my coworker is awesome) so my turn was long overdue.  Let me tell you, change is not something that the kids deal with very well.  It started out with Jorja in tears Monday morning, Ginny moping around at Dee's house and some very overtired, emotional girls.  By Wednesday, they were starting to get used to the idea, and then it was time for the long weekend.  We'll see how this week goes because I'm doing it again.

Thursday after school, we headed south to Julie's parents' place for the weekend.  The car ride down was long and painful.  It's only 3.5 hours, but it felt a lot longer.  CeCe was miserable, screaming on and off most of the was there.  No one slept at all, so it was after nine before anyone went to bed.  Not good.  Jorja and Ginny were pretty overtired all weekend, but kept it together fairly well for the most part.  Ginny had a couple of meltdowns, but when you stay up past eight and then get up shorty after six, these things happen.  CeCe wasn't feeling well all weekend, so her cold combined with sleeping in the playpen made for a couple of miserable nights.  So much so that we ended up coming home last night after supper instead of this morning.  The girls all slept in the car all ther way home and it was much more peaceful than the ride there.

Depsite the lack of sleep, we did have a good weekend.  Their church always puts on a Good Friday breakfast, which was really good.  The weather was beautiful and the girls got to play outside.  On Saturday afternoon, we went and saw Julie's grandma who is 89 and just got home after spending three weeks in the hospital, so that was nice. 

Jorja was really into the real meaning of Easter this year, which was great to see.  The Catholic school system puts a lot of emphasis on Easter, so every day for the past couple of weeks, she would come home from school and talk about the Easter story.  It was pretty cool.

The girls had an egg hunt Sunday morning, and it ended with them finding their baskets.  Ginny had a little stuffed kitty in hers that she was pretty taken with.  However, I think some of the sickness that has been going through the house recently has been weighing on her.  This poor little kitty seemed to be quite sick.  It started out that she had a bum 'fection'.  Yes, that is what I said.  Don't worry, I was just as shocked as you.  It doesn't sound very pleasent, but I'm pretty sure it refered to a diaper rash.  No doubt brought on by the 'diareenah' that the kitty was suffering from.  Yes this cat had problems.  I'm pretty sure the 'diareenah' was caused from the antibiotics used to treat the ear 'fection' though, so it should clear up soon.  Sheesh.

It was a nice day outside today and I dug the bikes out of the garage.  I thought I'd try Ginny on a two wheeler with training wheels this year.  That's going to be a process.  Sometimes I forget that she's barely three.  Its' like she said, "This bike is twicky."  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment