Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Even Steven

Jorja had her third soccer game yesterday.  She did pretty good - not as good as the first game, but better than the second.  I mean she didn't get any goals...on either net.  Even Steven.

It's pretty cool the way kids just see people, no colours or prejudices.  When the Disney movie 'The Princess and the Frog' first came out, Tiana quickly became the new favorite princess.  One day I asked Jorja how she knew which one Tiana was.  She said, "She has the green dress."  The reason I'm bringing this up was there was a bit of a funny incident on the way to soccer yesterday.  We had just parked and were getting out of the vehicle when a man walked by wearing a turban.  Jorja said, "Hey Dad, look at that guy's cool hat!"  Yes, I said, trying to make her keep her comments a little quieter.  I'm pretty sure he was almost out of earshot when she said, "He kind of looks like a genie."  Yes Jorja, I guess he does.  If only everyone only saw green dresses and cool hats.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment