Friday, February 25, 2011

Lunch Date

Is it springtime yet?  I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.  -46 with the wind this morning!  Really?  At least it was a short week - we had Monday as a holiday.  Jorja was off school all week, which didn't really affect us, except that I didn't have to take her to school this afternoon.  Instead we met Julie for a lunch date.  I'm not sure if it's a tradition yet or not, but the last two Fridays there has been no school, we have met Julie for lunch.  And do the girls ever get excited and look forward to it.  We met at the mall both times and just ate in the food court.  Last time they had A&W and this time they had Subway.  They had it all planned out beforehand.  When I was picking the girls up yesterday, Ginny told me that she was going to have orange cheese.  It's good to be prepared.

On Family Day, I met my brother and his daughter at the theatre and we saw a movie.  It was the girls' first trip to a theatre.  We saw 'Yogi Bear' which was kind of lame, but Jorja liked it.  I'm not sure how into it Ginny was, but they both liked the experience.  I got them each a kid's tray which consisted of popcorn, liquorish and Sprite.  They were all over that.  So much so that we had to have a pee break half way through.  Then we went over to McDonald's for an ice cream cone after.  Needless to say, they didn't have that much for supper that night.

The last contractor came today, so now all our quotes should be in and maybe we can get started on getting our basement put back together one of these days.  This process has already been going on for a month already.  Hard to believe.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment