Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A sign of the times?

I'm not sure if some recent developments in the house mean that the girls watch too much TV or if they just compare things to what they know.  As I write that statement, it is dawning on me that the two things are not that far off.  If they didn't watch TV, they wouldn't know about it and therefore could not compare something to it.  I think I'm rambling.  Is anyone else confused?

Anyway, the point of my story...the other day I was reading Ginny a story and she had to go pee.  She said to me, "Dad, can you 'pause' the story till I get back."  Pause as in how you would pause a movie when you have to go to the bathroom.  Then this past week, Jorja was talking about imagination and she said that when you imagine things, your eyes are like the remote.  You blink and then you can change channels to imagine something else.  I guess the upside is that they both have very vivid imaginations.  And now that our desktop computer is fried, they haven't been able to play computer games for a few weeks now.  I don't really think they're missing it too badly either.

On a totally different note, I think Ginny has rounded the potty training corner.  She pooped in the potty twice on the weekend, and then she looked like she had to yesterday, but held off.  Now she went twice today.  Twice in one day!  Who knew that could be so exciting?  Her pull-up is still wet in the morning, but she has been getting up to pee once in the night the past couple of nights too, so one of these days we should be down to one set of diapers.  Crazy. 

Time for bed now.  I'm not sure of it's teeth or what, but CeCe has not been sleeping very good lately.  That means neither am I .  Oh well, another 10 years and they'll all be sleeping in.  Maybe.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment