Thursday, February 3, 2011

How long can she go?

Things have been happening slowly with the plumbing issue.  I called insurance and it looks like we should be covered, to that's good.  The adjuster was too busy to come out all week, so probably next week.  In the meantime, we had a plumber in to fix the issue and another company came in and took care of all the mold and cut out a big chunk of carpet.  Now we have the couch blocking a triangular area in the corner with no carpet and we can function pretty much normally for now. 

I also forgot to mention that our desktop computer crapped out last weekend too.  A friend of ours is looking at it, but he's pretty sure it's the hard drive.  Originally I was worried that I hadn't backed up any pictures from the past year, but I did some last May.  At least we still have CeCe's baby pictures.  We don't have her first Christmas though, or Jorja starting school.  I guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself - I don't know for sure that they're gone.

Through all this stuff, I was trying to stay positive and look at the bright side (I'm not too sure what that is).  I guess it could have been worse.  Despite the brave front I'm trying to put on, the knot in the middle of my back tells me that this is all bothering more than I would like to think it is.

Ginny has not pooped since Sunday.  Every night she gets ready for bed, puts her pullup on for night and asks if she can poop in the pullup.  We say no and then she doesn't go.  Poor thing.  It's just going to fall out here again pretty soon.  She was walking around this evening looking pretty uncomfortable.  She's stubborn, but I'm not sure how much longer she'll be able to hold on.  My guess is she'll let loose tomorrow when I'm home alone with them.  Good times.

CeCe turns one on Monday - it's hard to believe.  All her grandparents are coming for the party, so that should be fun this weekend.  Now to get the house presentable.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment