Sunday, February 13, 2011

My two year old fashion critic

This morning I decided to wear a sweater with a shirt underneath it to church.  I thought it looked pretty good, if I do say so myself.  I left the shirt untucked so that it was sticking out the bottom of the sweater the way the young people are doing it nowadays.  Every once in a while I like to pretend that I'm still hip.  Anyway, I came downstairs to get the girls' coats on and Ginny looked at me and said, "Why do you have two shirts on?"  I asked her if she liked it.  She said, "No, it's kind of weird."  Do you hear that?  That's the wind whistling out of my deflating ego.  At least Jorja tried to reassure me that I was still handsome, and CeCe was still undecided.  Julie liked it and that's all that really matters.

We've been trying to get CeCe to say Mama recently.  She knows how - she has said the words, but getting her to say it when Julie wants her to is another story.  I think she's just being coy and playing with us.  The other day at supper, Julie was trying to get CeCe to say Mama.  She was repeating it over and over and then Ginny decided to join in.  "Ma-ma...Ma-ma"  Nice slow, distinct syllables.  Then Ginny decides that this was enough of this.  She said, "CeCe, can you say Virginia June?"  Yeah, like that is going to roll off her tongue.

We have been in the teething phase in our household for about five years now.  We have now begun the de-teething phase.  Jorja lost her first tooth this past week.  It had been loose for a while, and she let Julie wiggle it long enough to actually pull it out.  She was pretty excited.  Ginny was kind of freaked out by the whole thing.  She kept walking around saying her teeth were still all 'tight'.  Jorja wrote a note and got all ready for the tooth fairy.  She asked for a tooth brush.  Seems like a logical thing for the tooth fairy to bring, and she did.  She was quite tickled to find her new tooth brush in the morning.

Proudly showing off her missing tooth.
This morning Jorja asked me if I went to Kindergarten when I was little.  I replied that yes I did.  She then said, "Because they didn't have Kindergarten a long time ago."  Glad to know she already thinks of me as old.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment