Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Father's day began with Julie keeping the girls out of our room long enough to have a bit of a sleep in.  It must have been tough because you could just feel the excitement as they bounded into the room at 8:40.  It was a great way to be woken up though.  The girls all made me a finger painted wooden magnets, which are all very nice.  Jorja also made me a book mark in school that say 'My Dad Rocks.'  This was accompanied with a small container of rock candy.  Jorja tried to tell me they were just rocks because 'Mrs. B. told us to play a trick on our dads'.  Pretty tricky indeed.  The trick may have been a little more successfully played out if she and Ginny could have waited a few more seconds before they wanted to eat some. 

Then we went for brunch at Bonanza, which was really good.  We happened upon it by chance last week after church and liked it so much, the girls thought they should take me there for Father's Day.  It's a pretty good deal too - Jorja's buffet price is half an adults and CeCe and Ginny eat for free.  Can't beat that.

We just took it easy for the rest of the day.  I'm not sure how many times I was wished Happy Father's Day - quite a few anyway.  At supper Jorja asked if this was my best Father's Day ever.  It definitely was.

Yesterday Jorja had two birthday parties to go to - yes two.  One started at 1:00 and the other at 4:30.  It's quite the social life being in Kindergarten.  I always feel sorry for Ginny though - she feels left behind.  So we made a big deal of taking her out for ice cream while Jorja was at one of the parties.  She thought that was pretty cool.  She went to bed before Jorja got home from the second party, and there were a few tears as I was tucking her in.  "I miss Jorja." *sniff, sniff*  I said she would be home soon.  Then something else got her attention.  It must have been the angle I was standing at looking over her bed.  She said, "Dad, how come you have hair in your nose and we just have boogers?"  I said, "I have boogers too Ginny."  Then she said, "You have boogers and hair?" "Yes," I said.  "Hmm," was all she had to say to that.  I guess she was satisfied.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment