Saturday, March 5, 2011

Up too early

It is Saturday morning and by their standards, Jorja and Ginny are sleeping in.  It may only be 7:20, but for them, that's pretty good.  Why am I awake?  Unfortunately, the youngest one needs some supervision.  I'm not sure why CeCe was up so early today.  She was crying this morning at 5:30, so I went into her room to give her her soother back.  As soon as it was in front of her mouth, she said, "Yeah!" and proceeded to lunge at it.  At this point I was surprised when she was still quiet when I left the room.  Then at 6:30, she was awake again.  This time when I went in the room, she said, "Hi!"  I knew it wasn't going to be good, but I tried to rock her for a while, but sleep was not happening.  So here we are, up too early while everyone else sleeps.
Jorja went to a birthday party last night after supper.  It went from 7:00 to 8:45 which could explain why she is still asleep.  It was at a gymnastics club in town and she had a blast.  As I was walking her in, she said to me, "I'm so excited I'm almost crying tears of joy."  Oh my.  When I picked her up, she tried to say that she wasn't tired.  "I did yawn once while I was there Dad, but it wasn't because I was tired."  She was a little wound up, but it didn't take her long to fall asleep. 

While she was at the party, I did some grocery shopping and then had a little more time to kill, so I walked around a mall for a while.  I went into Bootlegger to look at some jeans.  I must be getting old (at least perceived old by 20 year olds).  I was standing there looking at the jeans, and this kid came over to me and asked, "Do you need help finding a size because you look really confused?"  And we're done here.

Yesterday morning I took all three girls to the doctor.  Ginny and CeCe were getting their yearly checkups and Jorja was getting something else looked at.  There are times when they all make me proud and this was one of them.  They were all well behaved and listened really well.  I'll have to admit I was a bit nervous as to how the whole thing was going to go.  Our doc is awesome though and made them all feel so comfortable that at one point Jorja was trying to tickle her.  As we were sitting in the room waiting for the doctor to come in, I asked the girls who was going to go first.  "CeCe!" was the unanimous answer.  That's it, throw the youngest one under the bus, she can't argue.  CeCe is in the 85th percentile for height and weight and Ginny is in the 90th for both.  Ginny was 39 inches, which is a full inch taller than Jorja was at three.  I guess it's no wonder that she has to wear size 4 clothes already.  Ginny said the alphabet, counted up to 39 and said she liked broccoli.  I was impressed.  I'm not sure about the broccoli thing, but they claim to eat it at Dee's house.

Well, I guess I might actually have to wake the girls up soon.  Ginny has music lessons this morning at 9:30, so we need to get them fed and watered first.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment