Monday, March 28, 2011

Sick kids

The house was finished on Friday, so now things are getting back to normal.  I am slowly getting things moved back into place, but there is still a fair bit to do.  My parents were up this weekend and spent most of the day here on Friday.  The kids had fun playing with their grandparents even though they weren't feeling too great.

Yes, they are sick again.  Jorja started Thursday afternoon with a headache and a fever.  She's got a cold on top of things too, but I think that's different than the flu part.  Ginny started Saturday afternoon.  She came running upstairs just crying saying she had a brainfreeze and that it wouldn't go away.  I guess the only time her head hurt before was when she drank something cold too fast.  We gave her some Tylenol and it helped for a while. 

Saturday evening we were supposed to go to my brother's place for supper and in hindsight, we probably should have just stayed home.  The girls usually spend the entire time tearing around with their cousin, but this time they alternated just sitting on the couch.  Every once in a while they would get a little burst of energy, and then they were done again.  By the time we left, Ginny was so miserable she didn't know what to do with herself.  She was asleep pretty much as soon as we were in the car though, so I guess she was done.

So today I am home with them all.  CeCe is all right, but I didn't think she would like to go to the sitter by herself.  It's too bad Jorja isn't going to school today - she is supposed to get her first report card today.  We had parent- teacher conference last week, and I can honestly say I'm not sure I've ever been more proud.  She is reading at a grade 3 level already (she's in Kindergarten), she helps the other kids when she is done something first and they are having trouble.  Her teacher said she's just such a nice kid - pretty much the best compliment a parent can get.  All right, enough bragging.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment