Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Construction and dentists

Our house is now a construction zone.  Things are covered in plastic and there is fresh drywall and mud on the walls.  It's a good thing, but kind of a pain right now.  I spent yesterday evening relocating all the girls' toys so they still had somewhere to entertain themselves.  It was still a bit of a shock when they got home today though.  Oh well, hopefully this stage should be done by Friday.  Then we have to wait for the paint and carpet.  We picked out new carpet today, and it should be in within two weeks.  Here's hoping.

I went to the dentist yesterday for the first step of getting two crowns put in.  I've had bad teeth since forever, but over the past few years, they've been holding their own and now we're starting to fix some of the old stuff.  Most of my work over the past few years has just been fixing or replacing old fillings.  To be honest, I'm not sure there is a tooth in my mouth without a filling in it.  Anyway, after I had the temporary crowns in place, I was sent to the lab to get the color for the permanent crowns matched to my teeth.  The tech there started trying to match things up and she said to me, "You've got a lot of character in your teeth."  That's one way of looking at it.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment