Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jorja's early 7th birthday party

We had Jorja's birthday party this weekend.  It's not really for another month, but we thought it would be easier to get kids together before school was out.  We held it at a pottery studio in town so the girls all got to paint a piece of pottery.  We don't have the finished products yet, as they had to fire them in the kiln first.  I'm curious to see what they all came up with.  They have a special party room, where all the birthday kids get to put their hand prints on the wall.

As you can see, she was pretty pumped about that.  Julie also made all the girls a gumball necklace.  She found the idea on Pintrest (which I am told is a necessity).  They ended up being a lot of work, but they looked great and the girls all liked them.  One thing I never envisioned though, was just sucking on the gumballs.  Both our girls started out with eight nice, shiny gumballs and now some are missing, but the ones that are still there all have their finish sucked off.  Just didn't see that one coming.  Oh well.


CeCe is really starting to get in touch with some of her bodily functions.  Yesterday she woke up from her nap and came to the door of her room and yelled over and over again, "Daddy, I'm stinky!"  Why she always chooses to tell Daddy's she's stinky is a mystery.  I'd be happy if she told Mommy.  Anyway, I went to get her out of her room, and asked her, "Did you poop?"  She replied, "Yeah, right there."  And then turned around and patted her butt.  As if I didn't know where to find it.  Thanks CeCe.  Then today as we were getting out of the car for church, she reached her finger into her nose a pulled out a big booger.  "Here you go.  Booger," she said as she held it out to me.  What was I going to do?  I took it off her finger and said thank you.  "You're welcome!" she replied cheerfully.  Manners too.  What more could you ask for?

It was a really nice day out yesterday.  We were all outside in the late afternoon playing in the backyard.  I got the hose out to water some flowers.  Ginny came running over and asked me to spritz her.  I did and she squealed.  This brought CeCe over, and she wanted some too.  So I gave her a little spray and she yelled too.  Soon it was more, more, more.  What started out as a little flower watering turned into a four-year old running around in her underwear and a two-year old running around in her diaper having a great time.  CeCe would run through the stream and then come out and yell, "Too wet!  Too wet!"  Then she'd be right back in there. 


 You gotta love summer.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment