Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's day and catching up

It seems to have been a while since I've written again, so maybe I'll start with today and work backwards as far as I can remember.

Jorja had her last skating lesson tonight.  It's pretty amazing the progress she made in 10 lessons (5 hours on the ice) compared to the one time we tried to go as a family this winter.  Bambi no more!  As she was getting ready and I was tying her skates, Ginny was asking about girls playing hockey.  I said that of course girls could play hockey.  She said that mostly boys do and I said that lots of girls do too.  Jorja said she didn't like hockey.  "What do yo mean, you don't like hockey?!" was my response.  She said, "Well, I like watching it, and playing with you.  I like skating and maybe figure skating, but lots of people on the other team...and lots of people on my team, **scrunches up her nose and shakes her head**, not my thing."

Ginny had a soccer game last night.  One of the few this year that hasn't been rained out.  I'm sure the poor kid has only got to play half her games.  She has one more on Sunday and then the final game is next Tuesday.  Then we are done all the lessons for now.  No piano, no music, no soccer, no skating.  What are we going to do?  Hopefully we get less rain than the rest of this spring and we can bike more.  I've really got to get Jorja biking with no training wheels.  The last time we went out didn't work so well.  But Ginny did really well with the training wheels - she could pedal and steer this time - quite the improvement over the previous time.

Sunday was Father's Day.  I got to sleep in and had an awesome breakfast.  It wasn't in bed because it was deemed too messy for that.  But it was definitely worth getting up for.
Cinnamon raisin cream cheese stuffed french toast...soooooo good.

I was spoiled with crafts and pictures from the girls.  Jorja decorated a 'koozy' for me (goes around cans to keep them cold) at school.  She told me I could use it for a pen or pencil holder, or I could put my beer in there.  Can you tell where I work?  I'm sure she told her teacher that too.  Oh well, it can't be any worse than my coworker whose daughter told her teacher that her mom drank beer for a living.  Kids.

Julie got me a Star Wars tshirt, and ice cube tray that is in the shape of Han Solo when he is frozen in Carbonite (how cool is that?!) and a little microscope that plugs into the computer with a USB port so you can see your stuff on the screen (how super cool is that?!!).  Yes, I know I'm a geek. 

I've got a great family and great kids and I'm proud to be their Dad.  It was a great day all around.

On Saturday we went to a BBQ/pool party put on by one of the doctors Julie works for.  Jorja was at a birthday party, so it was just Julie, Ginny, CeCe and me there.  The girls loved the pool and even got their faces painted.  One tiger and one kitty.


I'm not sure what happened last week from Monday to Friday.  Julie cam home a week ago Sunday, so that was awesome.  We all missed her and the girls were super excited to see her at the airport.  So was I.  Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment