Monday, February 27, 2012

A sick week

The 'day of awesome' was the lead-off to the Family Day long weekend here in SK.  It was also the start of a week off school for Jorja and a few days off work for me.  I had a few holidays left to use up from last year, so I thought I would use them this week.  The girls were both looking forward to being at daycare all day together for the week, so I thought I could get a few projects done around the house.  Boy, was I wrong.

Sunday was a good day - we all went swimming.  I don't remember if we did much of anything on the holiday Monday.  I don't think so.  I think the kids were already starting to feel sick, so I rented them Cars 2.  On Tuesday they all went to daycare, but Jorja was feeling pretty rough.  By that night she had a good fever going and was hacking up a lung.  Wednesday morning I took her to the doctor and left we left with antibiotics for her throat.  I kept all the kids home for the rest of the day. 

On Thursday CeCe started going downhill.  She napped in the morning and afternoon which is unheard of.  So when Julie got home from work I took her to the doctor as well (she was running a fever too).  We left with antibiotics for her ear.  The only nice thing about really sick kids is how snugly they are.  CeCe and I waited almost an hour to see a doctor and she was content to just sit on my lap.  Yup, she was sick.

On Friday, Ginny started to get a fever, so I took her in too.  It turned out she was okay - nothing bacterial anyway. 

Now don't get me wrong - I love my kids, but by last night  I was ready to go back to work and ready for them to go to school and daycare.  CeCe is still pretty snotty, and Jorja still has a bit of a cough, but they were alright.  It was a looonnngg week.  And one that is going to be expensive when we get the next phone/cable bill.  Another day when they were not doing anything but laying around I rented them The Smurfs. 

I think they were all ready to get back to normal today though too.  They were some hyper when they got home - all of them.  I'm glad they had a good day.  Sometimes a little space makes it easier to appreciate each other.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment