Friday, July 22, 2011

Jorja turns six!

Today was Jorja's sixth birthday.  The actual party is tomorrow, so today was more of a low-key family day.  It's hard to believe how time flies.  I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.  Julie got induced in the morning...labour started almost immediately...I don't want a needle in my back...intense contractions...let's do this epidural up...nap...9 cm, time to push...Jorja.  That's the Reader's Digest version of it anyway.

It has been quite the year for her: 
1.  Last year for her birthday, Julie was still off work sick and I was home on parental leave.  This year we're both back at work. 
2.  She finished Kindergarten with flying colours.  She reads like crazy (a beginner grade 3 level). 
3.  She asked Jesus to live in her heart (the thing I am most proud of her for.) 
4.  She is a big help watching CeCe (well, until CeCe learned to climb and she yelled up to the kitchen as I was making supper one day 'Dad, we have an emergency!  CeCe is on the computer desk!) 
5.  She is a great sharer.  Being in school and having more friends, she gets invited to more birthday parties than Ginny.  That means more loot bags.  She will never have anything without sharing with Ginny (and me if I ask).
6.  She has a great heart, and is just a really nice person.  Since Julie and I have been back to work, Ginny has had some troubles.  She never used to cry at Sunday School, but always does when she gets dropped off now.  Since Sunday School is over for the summer, our church puts on a program in the gym for the 3-5 year olds.  This means Jorja and Ginny can go together.  The last time I dropped them off, Ginny cried again, and tried to hug my leg.  Jorja took her by the hand and led her to where the other kids were playing and never left her side for the whole morning.  I was so proud of her.

Happy birthday Jorja.  Your Mom and I love you more than you can imagine.  Later.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment