Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Neil

Last Friday was Friday the 13th.  It was definitely not unlucky for me though.  No, I got to go see someone I've liked since I was a kid.  I remember listening to the vinyl record of the Jazz Singer soundtrack over and over when I was a kid.  I loved it.  Yes, I went to Neil Diamond.  Julie does not share my enthusiasm for one of the greatest song writers and performers of our time, so I asked my Mom if she wanted to go with me.  She said yes, so she and Dad came down for the weekend.  The concert was amazing - our front row seats didn't hurt either.  There was no fancy stage show or lights or anything.  Just two hours of great songs performed by an amazing band.  The band has been with Neil for 35 years, and they were awesome.  Great musicians and entertainers - funny too.  And for some elderly men, they still have some moves.  They were having a great time and it showed.  Here's a few pics from the night.


Now I must confess that leading up to the concert and since, I have been listening to a lot of Neil Diamond.  The girls are starting to appreciate some of his songs too.  CeCe loves Beautiful Noise and all the girls like Sweet Caroline.  It took Jorja a while to warm up to the song, but she has embraced it now.

The love for Neil lives on.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment