Monday, July 9, 2012

G-U-M

Today was my first day back at work after a week and a half off.  It was a nice break, and productive too.  I was planning on getting some stuff done in the yard and paint the trim on the house.  It rained solid one day, so I painted a bedroom.  The wind was near tornado strength the next day (not good for climbing a ladder), so I painted another bedroom.  A little while ago, we decided that we would switch the girls' sleeping arrangements around.  Jorja is always up at the crack of dawn, and the other two seem to sleep in somewhat.  We let them each pick out a colour for their new rooms (from three carefully selected options) and now they're done.  We made the switch Wednesday last week, and the transition has been fairly reasonable.  Here's my handy work.


 On the one day that it was nice outside, I did manage to get the trim painted on the house.  It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.


I've also been playing around with a new collage app on my iPhone.  I think it's kind of cool.

Jorja and Ginny are really into chewing gum these days.  We just buy the sugar free stuff, so I figure as long as they don't swallow a ton of it, it's okay.  They are actually really good at spitting it out.  But because they have gum, CeCe wants gum.  Sometimes I'll break a tiny piece off and give it to her.  Surprisingly, she chews it fairly well too.  In an effort to be more clandestine, Jorja and Ginny have started spelling the word.  "Dad, can we have G-U-M?"  Well, it didn't take CeCe long to figure out what they were up to, so now she asks for G-U-M.  It's pretty cute hearing a two year old spell words out.

I think we may have picked the wrong names for the girls.  Lately when they are playing their role play games, Jorja is Jennifer and Ginny is Louise.  I'm not sure where they got them from (especially Louise?), but that's who they are.  Every time. 

Jorja got her ears pierced last week too.  After seeing the movie Brave, they were wondering around the mall, and Julie asked her if she wanted to.  She took some time to think it over, but decided that she was ready.  There were a few tears, but not too bad.  She did pretty good.



Now to fold some laundry.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment