Thursday, September 15, 2011

You did good, here's a sticker

Our daycare provider, Dee was sick today, so I had an extra day at home with the girls.  Well, two of the girls, Jorja still had school.  This morning after we dropped Jorja off, we went to Walmart to pick up a few things.  When we were done and back in the car, I told Ginny that she was really well behaved and that I was proud of her.  I said, "You did awesome Ginny - you listened good, helped when I asked and didn't touch things you weren't supposed to."  She thought for a minute and then said, "You did awesome too Dad.  You got everything we needed and put it in the cart.  For that, you get a sticker!"  (If you have small kids, you know that every Walmart greeter has a plethora of happy face stickers to give out every time you leave the store.)  I thanked her and she put a yellow happy face sticker on my hand and we headed home.  It's nice to hear that I did a good job shopping.

This afternoon, we were sitting for a minute and watching TV.  There were some toy seals on the program and I was pointing them out to CeCe.  Ginny piped up that they look like chickens, no seals.  "Chickens?!  They don't look like chickens," I said.  She replied, "No Dad, they look like the animal kind, not the kind we eat."  I simply didn't have the heart (or the energy for that matter) to tell her that there is only one kind of chicken.  I just said, "Oh."  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment