Friday, November 4, 2011

My helpers

Jorja was in school today, so I had my two little helpers here with me.  Ginny wasn't doing a very good job of watching CeCe (in her defence, she is only three), so she was under my feet in the kitchen.  I brought a toy up for her to play with, but that didn't last long.  I started to empty the dishwasher, and CeCe was right in there, ready to help.  She started with the plates, followed by the bowls.  She actually did pretty good - nothing got broken.  Then she moved over to start the cutlery.  She grabbed the first spoon, gave it a big lick and then handed in to me.  She grabbed the next one, stuck it in her mouth, and handed it to me.  I could see I was going to have to intervene here.  I told her that we didn't need to taste the silverware before we put it away, and it went fairly well after that.  The only other spoon she put in her mouth was her own, so it wasn't too bad.
I decided to tackle the leaves while CeCe was napping, so Ginny came out to help me.  Julie's parents are up, so Nanny was on CeCe lookout.  I started out giving Ginny a rake, and soon realized she was going to kill at least one of us.  I took the handle off it so it was a little more manageable and that seemed to work for a while.  But she tires of that after a while, so finally I caved.  "Ginny, do you want to come jump in the pile of leaves over here?" I asked.  She was all over that.  She jumped, she rolled, she 'slept', she threw leaves in the air.  After all, what good is helping rake leaves if you can't have a little fun too.

So my helpers for the day may have caused me a little extra time and a little more work, but I wouldn't change any of it.  It was a great day.


Posted by PicasaLater.

No comments:

Post a Comment