Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fart soup

Jorja had a birthday party to go to yesterday after school.  It started at 4:00, and since Julie works till 5:00, that left me and the little two to drop her off.  Ginny always looks so deflated when Jorja gets to do these kinds of things by herself, so I asked her what we should do.  We decided that we would go to Petland and then to McDonald's.  CeCe was really into the pet store this time.  She went right up to the giant parrot's cage, and was about to put her little fingers into the great beast's beak.  Luckily I swooped her up just in time.  Then we went to the budgies.  It was a little safer there.  I think the biggest hit was the fish though.  There was one tank that had a goldfish almost the size of CeCe's head low enough that she could look right in.  She was pretty fascinated.  I'm not sure if that store was closing out or what though, because there were no cats or dogs.  Ginny's favourites are the kitties.  CeCe didn't seem to care - she pointed to mice, guinea pigs and hamsters and called them all puppies.  We then picked up some McD's and headed home.  What Ginny really wanted was ice cream, so she and CeCe shared a strawberry sundae.  She thought that was pretty special.  Then Julie came home and we went to get Jorja.

Since Julie hadn't eaten yet, we stopped at Tim's on the way home and she picked up a bowl of cream of broccoli soup.  Now I know cooked broccoli has a distinctive smell, but I don't think I've ever heard it described like Jorja did.  "What's that smell?"  It's Mom's soup.  "It stinks!  It smells like fart.  It smells like your fart.  Yeah, it smells like grown-up fart!"

Before bed last night, Jorja lost one of her front teeth.  I don't think the other one is far behind either.  Julie and I were tired and ended up going to bed without the tooth fairy coming.  Not good.  Ginny woke up to pee around 1:00 and then I realized it.  I knew she would be devastated if there was no tooth fairy, so there I was at 1:00 in the morning, playing the part of the tooth fairy.  It wouldn't be that bad, but a friend of Julie's gave her an idea for the tooth fairy that we have been following.  Jorja puts the tooth in a dish of water on her dresser and writes a note.  The tooth fairy then leaves some sort of 'clue' in the water as to what sort of tooth fairy it was.  The first one that came I don't remember now, but the second was was a Canada Day tooth fairy.  It left little maple leave sequins in the water.  (She lost the tooth on July 1).  So not only did I have to find some change, I also had to think up what kind of fairy this was.  I decided on a fall tooth fairy and went outside to find some small leaves.  I had to go out to the car to find some change anyway.  Then I had to write a note to answer her note.  Needless to say I was up for about half an hour.  It was all worth it this morning though when she read the note from the tooth fairy.  The things we do for kids...

CeCe has now decided that if she can't see me, then I don't really exist.  Whenever I ask her to do something (usually come for a diaper change or get ready for a tub) she will run to the other side of the room and hide her face against the wall.  It's really quite cute.  A couple of days ago she ran away and then walked back past me, looking away the whole time.  Too funny.  Maybe if I don't look at the leaves outside, they don't really exist either.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment