Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Authority figures and staying in the lines

I feel like I should keep everyone up to speed with CeCe's skating lessons.  Today she had her fifth lesson.  I know, time keeps flying by.  Last week the instructor told all the parents that we were no longer to watch from the bench at ice level.  We could now either go up into the stands, or inside behind the glass.  She said that it was so that 'the children knew she was the authority figure' out there.  Like there was ever any doubt regarding that matter.  Not from the parents anyway.  So here is my view from up in the bleachers.  CeCe is the middle skater in the picture.  

The girls all like to color pictures and usually the picture is for somebody.  However, when the picture is not received with the gratitude and praise that the giver feels is deserves, it can just as easily be rescinded.  Here is a picture currently hanging on our fridge that Ginny made at school for Jorja.


I guess in Ginny's defense, she didn't totally cut Jorja out - she is part of the family after all.

CeCe and I were doing some coloring a couple of mornings ago.  We were working on the same picture of Jasmine and I asked her what I should color.  She said I could color the lips.  'Red?' I asked.  'Yes,' she replied, 'just try to stay in the lines.'  She's kind of a demanding little thing sometimes.  I did the best that I could, but in my defense, the markers had a pretty thick tip.


So we kept coloring and our hands kept bumping into each other.  It was a pretty small picture.  I would say, 'Ahem! Ahem! You're in my way.'  She would giggle and move her hand.  Then we would bump again and I would say, 'Ahem!'  After the third time of this, she said, 'Or you could just say excuse me.  Did you know that?'  I guess I just got schooled in manners.  Here is our masterpiece:


Until next time, stay in the lines and mind your manners.  Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment