Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fingers, verbs, cracks, aim and shoot

Life with CeCe is rarely dull.  With her older two sisters back in school full time now, I'm getting to spend a lot more time with just her.  I know I'm biased, but she's a pretty fun kid.  Here is what we've been up to this week.

We usually go for a walk after lunch to check the mail.  We have to cross one fairly busy street and little miss independent doesn't usually like to hold hands.  Sometimes there's a 'I'll walk right beside you,' or sometimes there is a fight.  As we were coming home the other day, I had a bunch of letters in my hand that was closest to her.  Instead of switching them to the other hand, I simply held out my index finger for her to hold.  She paused, looked up at me, nodded very seriously and said, 'Finger accepted!'  Then we marched across the street.  

She also has the ability to turn every word into a verb.  She likes to sweep the floor - goes to the closet and gets the broom out and every thing.  Only she doesn't sweep.  She brooms.  'I'm just brooming Dad.'  She also likes to 'help' fold the laundry.  I don't know why I care.  If you could see the inside of her drawers, I may as well just take stuff right from the dryer and cram it in.  But I fold it nonetheless.  And she helps.  'When we're done laundrying can we watch a movie Dad?  I sure am good at laundrying.'  Yes you are.  Yesterday we had to stop at Superstore after we dropped the girls off at school because I was out of coffee.  That's not a good thing.  So we went and she sat in the cart and played the drum.  'What are we going to do when we're done Superstoring Dad?'  That's a good question.

We recently purchased an easel and we like to have some art time.  

Yesterday when I was getting supper ready in the kitchen, she was playing with the stuffed animals in her bedroom.  I could hear her nattering away, making them talk to each other.  Suddenly I heard, 'Dad, come here!  I want to see if I have something in my crack!  I need you to help me see in there.'  This got my attention.  Turns out she dropped something between her bed and the wall, and this was the crack she was referring to.  Whew.  Didn't know what I was getting into there for a second.

Today we went to the park.  After we had been there for a while, I was ready to head home.  She wasn't.  She said to me, 'Come on Dad, we can stay a little more.  I'm here.  You're here.'  It's tough to argue with that.  I asked what she wanted to do.  She said we could play aim and shoot.  This immediately got my pacifist Mennonite roots worked up.  'What is that?' I asked while trying to stay calm.  Turns out it's a game Ginny invented where you run with your arms pointed at a monkey bar and then jump and swing from it.  Aim while you're running and shoot when you jump and swing.  Seemed harmless enough.  Here it is.

Aim:


And shoot!


After she saw how the pictures of her turned out on my phone, she thought she should take some of me.  Why not?

Aim:

And shoot!

Holy sh*t, not so close!
So that's what kind of week it's been around here.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment