Thursday, November 22, 2012

Grade 2

I know it's been a while since I've written again and I haven't posted about our Vegas trip (which was awesome), but I need to talk about our three way conference with Jorja's teacher last night. Her teacher said she couldn't wait to see us so that she could share all that Jorja is doing.

I'm not sure I have ever been more proud and yet humbled at the same time (if that makes any sense). It's not just the fact that Jorja is an amazingly gifted student either. She excels in every subject and reads at a grade 6 level. This alone would have made for an awesome interview.

I guess the part that I take the most joy in is the person Jorja is.

She is a kind and tender-hearted individual who is a true friend to all of her classmates. She helps anyone in need and looks out for others. One boy was moving to a different school and yesterday was his last day. She helped him pack up all his stuff and then made him a card and got the whole class to sign it.

She loves her sisters and talks about them all the time. Her teacher seemed to know everything about them. What a proud big sister.

One of the best parts was when we saw her journal. One page said how she had a perfect family, loved her parents, sisters and God and Jesus. She said her favorite book was the bible and that she read it every night.

I'm so thankful that we went with the catholic school system. They read bible stories, pray and celebrate the real meaning for the holidays (Christmas and Easter). And Jorja feels totally free to share her faith with her teachers. Her teacher told Jorja that she recognized Jorja's tender heart was a result of the book she reads every night. Wow. That was awesome.

I guess that's what it means to have the faith of a child. Later.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment